Insanity for Humanity is a crazy way to help our neighbors. We can’t think of any better way to have fun while loving people than eating food, playing games, and plunging into the freezing cold Atlantic as we raise money for International Network of Hearts. If you have a little crazy in you, then join us for a day at the beach!
Saturday, February 23rd, 2019. We start registration at 11:30am with music and games and then the plunge to start around noon.
The party will be happening at Cold Spring Community Center in North Kingstown. We will then plunge at North Kingstown’s town beach, which is just steps behind where we will be partying.
YOU of course as well as other people from around the state. So invite your friends and family to enjoy a day at the beach…. in February! If you are a college student, grab your dorm-mates and classmates in order to be the best school represented at this crazy event.
Why not is a better question. Do we really need a reason to eat amazing food and jump into the freezing cold Atlantic. Ok, well maybe… but we are doing this to help raise money for a great non-profit organization who provides services and support to children who have survived sex trafficking. International Network of Hearts is dedicated to not only rescue but bring hope, safety and empowerment to young girls who have been rescued from sexual slavery by:
- Providing a confidential residential home where survivors can find hope and refuge from violence.
- Creating a nurturing and structured environment where survivors can heal from years of trauma.
- Giving survivors the necessary tools so they can achieve their highest potential.
- Raising international awareness about the crime of human trafficking.
- Providing training to law enforcement and other first responders in the identification of victims.
- Building multi-agency protocols to improve the response to victims of human trafficking.
You can find out more here…. http://inetworkofhearts.org
We get to help out INH by raising money. In order to plunge and be a part of the festivities we ask you to donate whatever you can. You can give at the event or online at this website. Our suggested donation is $20, which gets you a free T-shirt. You are more than welcome to give more. 100% of the proceeds go directly to helping children be rescued from this horrible crime. We also challenge you to raise money whatever way you can: Sell homemade cookies, do a friend’s homework, donate plasma, babysit, walk your neighbor’s dog, whatever! Check out our resource section for some help.